Setting and Working with Locked Dates:Within Xero if you have the Adviser user role, you can set a lock date to stop changes being made to transactions during a past period. After you set a lock date, users can't add or edit transactions in Xero if the transaction date is earlier than the lock date. You'd typically set a lock date when your financial records are being prepared for the year, or at the end of a sales tax period. You can change and remove the lock date at any time.
Set Lock Date:
- Go to Settings, then General Settings
- Under Organisation click Financial Settings
- Under Lock Dates, enter the date you want to lock your organisation's accounts.
Users can continue to create certain transactions during a locked period:When you've set a lock date, users can still do the following:
- Create draft invoices, bills and expense claims.
- Submit invoices, bills and expense claims for approval.
- Save draft manual journals.
We recommend that you set a lock date for all users, or consider connecting Wise-Sync with a Xero account that does not have Adviser Access.
To reconnect with a user that doesn't have Adviser Access:
- Click on "Companies" then select your company from the list.
- Click on "Connect to Xero" and complete the authorisation process.