Wise-Sync use Account Numbers from QuickBooks Online for GL Mapping.
The following video shows the process to review your Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks Online and add these account numbers in readiness to sync with Wise-Sync.
Note: This first step may not be required if Account Numbers are already allocated in QuickBooks Online for all accounts used in General Ledger (GL) Mapping within ConnectWise PSA.
Enable Account Numbers in QuickBooks Online
- Log into QuickBooks Online
- Click on the Settings icon from the top right navigation panel
- Select “Account and settings” from the list
- Select the Advanced tab from the left-hand side list
- Locate Chart of Accounts and if “Enable Account Numbers” is set to off, click on the Edit Icon
- Check the box to enable Account Numbers
- Click Done to save changes.
Allocate Account Numbers in Chart of Accounts
- Click on the Settings icon in the top right navigation panel.
- Select “Chart of Accounts” from the list
- Assign Account Numbers to your Chart of Accounts
- Assign account numbers in bulk by selecting the Batch edit button from the Chart of Accounts screen, which is located on the right-hand side above the Action column. At minimum you will need account numbers for any account which you are mapping via ConnectWise PSA.
- Press Save when you are finished.
It is recommended to press save often to ensure your session does not expire, as you will lose all your unsaved entries.
If you have sub accounts, consider using groupings of number ranges such to help with allocation and reporting. Ensure you enter an account number for each sub accounts as well as their parent account.