The Virtual Terminal screen enables a Merchant Administrator to get payment for an issued invoice without registering the payer with Wise-Pay. This screen appears when the user clicks PayNow link from any supported third-party applications connected to Wise-Pay (such as ConnectWise Manage or DeskDirector). It is the quickest way to take payment even when the invoice has not been issued. The Virtual Terminal screen appears when you:
- Click the PayNow link on the invoice in the accounting application. See How to Configure PayNow Link in Xero.
- Use the quick link given by a Merchant Administrator. See How to Generate a Quick Link to Get Payment Through Virtual Terminal.
- Use proxy links configured in ConnectWise Sell, ConnectWise Manage, and Quotewerks. See How To Manage Proxy Links for Third-Party Applications.
Here's how to do it:
- Enter the Invoice Number (You can also use Quote Purchase Order reference)
- Enter the Amount to pay.
- Click Continue and Enter the card details.
- Click Continue to view the Review Your Payment.
- You can click the Override payment processing fees to remove the payment processing fees and only charge the invoice amount.
- Click I agree to the terms to view the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Accept to accept the conditions.
Note: Wise-Pay will display the payment processing popup to indicate that the payment is being processed. Do not refresh or close the browser during this process. Wise-Pay displays the Payment Successful page with transaction details. In the case of any error in payment processing, a notification is displayed indicating the error type and helpful information.