You're Done! Syncing Inventory is Easy.
Once you have completed the setup of your Inventory Setup in ConnectWise and Xero, you're ready to start syncing.
As a reminder, the following records are created as part of the Inventory Processes
- Inventory Transactions - Created at the time of Invoice, where a "Inventory" class products is sold.
- Inventory Transfers - Created when you transfer a product from one Warehouse to another.
- Inventory Adjustments - Created when you make a Stock on Hand (or Valuation Adjustment) to your Inventory Balances.
More Information on Use Cases:
- ConnectWise Inventory > Use Case: Client Invoice (Journal Inventory to COGS)
- ConnectWise Inventory > Use Case: Inventory Transfer
- ConnectWise Inventory > Use Case: Adjustment Type - Missing Stock
- ConnectWise Inventory > Use Case: Adjustment Type - Audit Trail Adjustment
When you start syncing your Inventory to Xero, Wise-Sync will start processing the transactions according to details contained in each batch. If you have had Inventory running in ConnectWise for some time before, you might need to make some manual adjustments to your ConnectWise Inventory levels, before you start batching your inventory.
Common Challenges when switching over to "Inventory"
- Sync Inventory - Issue > COGS Is artificially inflated as items were initially purchased into inventory, Client Invoice Synced to Xero After Inventory was switched on.